One of our town’s most deeply rooted traditions is the Mysteries’ exposition, eleven displays which represent moments of the life and death of Jesus Christ, and which in Holy Thursday and Holy Friday are exposed in different houses and spots of the village.
The route pretends to be a kind of walk, pilgrimage or reverse procession, where those who move are the people, while the figures of the popular “Misteris” rest unmoved, static.
This old tradition wants to extend abroad and attract more foreign visitors. For that reason the “Misteris’ route” has been implanted, in order to permit both inhabitants and foreign visitors, who don’t know the tradition, can visit the displays, while doing a tour which, runs mainly among the village historic centre.
The proposed itinerary is a gratifying experience for those interested in monuments, art, religion…, because the visitor would admire a series of images and sculptural sets which are part of our cultural and historic heritage.
So, guided tours have been arranged on Holy Thursday and Holy Friday on the following timetables:
Holy Thursday: 17.00 h
Holy Friday: 11.00 h, 16.00 h, 18.00 h
The route starts in plaça Fèlix Figueras (in front of the Town Hall). Previous registration is required calling 653 80 72 31 (ask for Sílvia)
1. Judas’ betrial, c/ Colon, 149, in the Hospital’s Chapel.
2. The Piety, c/ Clota, 30, Molí d’Oli
3. Ecce Homo, c/ Església, 32, Ca l’Escossi
4. Calvary’s path, c/ Ample, 39, Cal Pel·la
5. The flagellation, c/ Creu Real, 18, Cal Puigjaner
6. Praying in the Orchyard, c/ Santa Oliva, 34, Convent de les Monges Paüles
7. Saint Christ, plaça Nova, 21 Parròquia Santa Maria
8. God’s mother of the Pains, plaça Nova, 21 Parròquia Santa Maria
9. The Saint Sepulchre, c/ Forn 2, Ca la Planxadora
10. The Solitude, c/ Argelines, 24
11. The Saint Christ od the Agony, c/ Indùstria, Sant Salvador’s Church